I just wanted to make a note to all of the trainees that were set to ship out the 3rd for Guatemala:
To all of the trainees that were to arrive in the New Year, I send my condolences and my apologies that you will no longer be joining the Peace Corps Guatemala team. Rest assured, it is in your best interests as there has been an increase in security incidents throughout Central America. I remember very well receiving my placement for Guatemala on Dec. 21st, 2010. It was an early Christmas present to me, and I had four months to research and build up the anticipation of my service to come for my departure in April, 2011. I am sad to not meet the new Healthy Homes trainees (and the rest of you, of course!). However, keep your heads up and I hope Peace Corps works with you all to find an equally exciting placement. It must be frustrating, having said your good byes, having purchased all your new gear for Guatemala, having quit your jobs and sold off your cars. I must say, it is very much worth the wait, even if it's a few months or more down the road until you are to depart again. The experience of learning another language, of learning another culture and sharing yours, of sharing your knowledge to better the lives of others; every country and placement will provide you with something unique and worthwhile.
To new placements and fresh starts,
Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment